Check your device manager to see if Microsoft Enumerator is listed under the
Bluetooth Devices listing. If it is you’ll have to get rid of that.
WARNING: Before you continue I strongly recommend that you unpair all your
bluetooth devices from your T42. Go your bluetooth setup in WinXP and delete
all your paired BT devices.
This is how:
1. Turn on the Bluetooth radio.
2. Check Device Manager to see if Microsoft Enumerator is listed under
Bluetooth Radio. If it is, you must update the driver for IBM Integrated
3. Find or download the IBM Bluetooth II software. Here’s the link:
4. Run and extract the files from bthwxp1o.exe (I recommend that you keep the
default extraction directory).
5. Do NOT install the software package. Go to your device manager and
right-click on IBM Integrated Bluetooth III and click on update driver.
6. When WinXP asks to connect to Windows Update for the driver click on “No,
not this time.” and click next.
7. Choose “Install from a list or choose a specific locations” then click
8. Choose “Do not search. I will choose the driver to install.” then click
9. Click on “Have Disk…” then Browse and find the directory that you
extracted the downloaded files to.
10. Choose the file btwusb.inf and Open and just go on with the rest of the
Don’t worry about the driver not being signed by Microsoft or anything.
Everything should go as planned and you shouldn’t see the Microsoft Enumerator
listing anymore. Go ahead and pair your devices and everything. It should work